Sunday, November 21, 2010

Next Up: Andy Moats

Name: Andy Moats
Company/title: Avenue Bank, executive vice president and chief credit officer

Age: 34

What he does: "I handle all things credit-related for Avenue Bank. That would entail any credit approvals, the underwriting department, all bank policies and procedures, and the loan review department."

RelatedNashville People in Business

Background: Born and raised in Nashville, he went to Montgomery Bell Academy and Vanderbilt University, where he earned a bachelor's degree in economics. He is single.

Why did you choose banking? "With my degree in economics, it seemed like a good fit. I'm able to get my hand in a lot of different industries, and you're very connected to the community when you're in banking."

On landing at Avenue Bank. "I was originally with a large corporate bank here in town, working in their credit department. I left that job when I was asked to help start Avenue Bank in October 2006. I was part of the founding group."

Other interests: "I'm always looking for ways to get involved in the community. I am president of the board of the Nashville Exchange Club Family Center, a nonprofit that exists to help prevent child abuse and neglect in Middle Tennessee."

Favorite places: "Centennial Park is right around the corner from my house and I love going there. I also love going to Titans and Predators games.

What do you like best about Nashville? "It's a big small city, and it has all the sophistication of anywhere else I would want to live — but (with) the comfort of knowing your neighbors and having an open and friendly spirit."

.tweetbutton { margin-top: -3px; margin-right:-18px; }

Nashville area to get Verizon 4G by end of yearUnderwater? Alternatives to Walking Away