Philanthropist Martha Rivers Ingram received the Jeannie R. Hastings Vision Award for her commitment to the arts scene here; and Realtor Shirley Zeitlin was honored with the Volunteer Award for working to make Nashville's downtown area more of an around-the-clock destination.
Other awards presented by the business group included:
• Best place to work: Pinnacle Financial Partners.
• Public-private partnership: Davidson County Sheriff's Office for providing help with cleanup crews.
• Community service: Hard Rock Cafe Nashville for dedicating employees to community service work during a restaurant renovation.
• Celebrating food: Nashville Farmers Market.
• Downtown investment: Hermitage Hotel in honor of its 100th anniversary; the Metropolitan Transit Authority for its Music City Center bus hub; and Metro for the Deaderick Street beautification project.
• Environmental sustainable construction: Terrazzo condos.
• Adaptive reuse: Renovation of Noel Court Lofts, 214 Third Ave. N.
Nashville Chamber named award finalistInvestor Report: Renting Versus Flipping